[avahi] Mono-bindings: ServiceResolver not resolving...

Celso Pinto cpinto at yimports.com
Thu Sep 29 15:57:44 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with Mono's ServiceResolver not resolving
service names.

I have an application that publishes a service-type and has a
ServiceBrowser that's listening for other services of the same type.

When this application is executed and another computer publishes this
service-type, the application saves the service name.

If I launch the application again, on the first computer, it won't be
notified of a "service added" event for the service published on the
second computer, but that shouldn't really matter because I've cached
the second computer's service name, so I should be able to resolve it by
using the ServiceResolver(client,serviceName,type,domain).

The problem is that after ServiceResolver invokes
avahi_service_resolver_new with it's private callback, this callback is
*never* invoked. It seems that it hangs while trying to lookup the
service when using the service name.

Resolving services after a "service added" notification works just fine
though.

I'd like to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if Avahi is just
misbehaving.

If this isn't a known bug, I'm more than willing to send the source
code.

Cheers,
Celso

--