[avahi] Running Avahi on NetBSD

Sebastien Estienne sebastien.estienne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 16:01:21 PDT 2006

hello lisa,

i succesfully  compiled it on netbsd using the ports

i suspect that the configure doesn't find expat.h because it is in a
non standart location
try exporting these variables:
    export CFLAGS="-I/usr/pkg/include"
    export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib"
    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig"

also, you can have a look at the file bootstrap.sh, you see the
configure options that i was using on netbsd

On 4/26/06, Lisa <lisa.kingsley at gdcanada.com> wrote:
> I am new to NetBSD and trying to get Avahi installed on NetBSD using
> distribution (0.6.9) from avahi.org. Has anybody done this successfully before?
> I'm having problems incorporating the expat library, for starters...
>
> Thanks...
> Lisa

Sebastien Estienne