[avahi] cool debug trap

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 22 05:35:28 PDT 2006

On Tue, 22.08.06 09:50, Padraig O'Briain (Padraig.Obriain at Sun.COM) wrote:

> The Makeifile.am files contain a cool debug trap for i396/gcc.
>
> I needed to remove it when building on Solaris.

Why that? It's just a macro. As long as nobody uses it it shouldn't
influence compilation in any way.

Could you please paste the exact error text that is shown when
compiling it on Solaris?

> Is there a way to patch the filess so that those who want the debug trap
> get it and those who don't want it don't get it?

Hmm. I don't think this is necessary. A call to the debug trap should
never be commited to SVN. It's only there for debugging, i.e. sticking
it into some code and testing and after everything works removing it
again.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/