[avahi] Installation on SuSE 10.0

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 19 13:19:37 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 22:09 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Seems your hosts file is invalid in the eyes of the broke
> algorithm. Consider removing it.

I havn't touched the hosts file, it's still the empty one (i.e. all
commented out lines) that avahi has installed.  I havn't got as far as
putting anything into it myself yet as I've not got beyond trying to get
the avahi-daemon from  avahi-0.6.7 to correctly start.

> If the chroot() was sucessful opening /usr/local/etc/avahi/hosts will
> fail. But that is ok, because the file doesn't have to exist. If it
> doesn't exist, Avahi won't complain. If the file doesn't exist the
> broken parser is not called and everything is fine.

But if it did exist then it didn't get closed and that is was causing
the problem here, NOT the "broken" parser.

Peter.