[avahi] Making avahi work on Solaris

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Jun 21 14:39:43 PDT 2006

On Thu, 25.05.06 09:51, Padraig O'Briain (Padraig.Obriain at Sun.COM) wrote:

Hi!

I finally found the time to review your patches an merge them. Sorry
for the long delay!

BTW: I can offer you SVN write access, if you want. Then, you have
free hand commiting solaris related patches as long as they don't
change behaviour on other platforms. That way you wouldn't need to
wait for (lazy) Lennart to review and commit your patches. ;-)

Interested?

> You are correct. I was misinformed. I have attached patch for
> iface-pfroute.c which seems to work for me.

Ok. I merged this one.

> There seems to be some strange byte ordering going on here. The attached
> patch for socket.c works for me. I have not yet tracked down what the
> correct change is. It will probably be a few weeks before I do.

Mmmh, this doesn't look right to me. It touches FreeBSD support in
Avahi, so I am reluctant to merge this as long as it isn't #ifdef'ed
for Solaris only.

> Another Solaris specific issue if that RLIMIT_NPROC is not defined on
> Solaris. the patch to main.c stops this from preventing avahi-daemon
> starting.

Ok, merged.

Thank you very much for your contribution!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/