[avahi] Compiling help for QT4 in unorthodox location?

Karen Heiby karenheiby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 15:20:26 PST 2006

Hello,

I installed QT4 into my home directory to make Avahi happy without risking
anything else that needs QT3 on my system.

How do I get Avahi to use this location?

I tried to set the QT4_LIBS and QT4_CFLAGS but I'm probably not using them
properly.  Avahi finds the libs and I think the headers, but still looks for
"moc" in /bin, among other things.

My QT4 is installed in /home/karen/qt.
Can someone tell me exactly how to type the ./configure line using these flags
to point to this QT4 location?

There is also no QtCore.so.  I assumed that libQtCore.so.4.1.1 should be
linked as QtCore.so, is this correct?  That's what I did.  I'm pretty sure
QT4 is successfully installed.  Everything else is there.

Thank you,
Karen