[avahi] Re: 64bbit woes with Avahi

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu May 4 17:13:38 PDT 2006

On Mon, 24.04.06 23:41, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am writing you because all four of you have posted a 64bit related
> patch for avahi. Namely:
>
>       http://avahi.org/ticket/35
>       http://avahi.org/ticket/32
>       http://avahi.org/ticket/9
>       http://avahi.org/ticket/19

I've now merged both Marcus' and Sjoerds patches and thus reversed
Jason's patch:

http://avahi.org/changeset/1207

Jason did not respond to my email, hence I assume that either the ia64
problem is no longer existant or that we broke it agin. If so, Jason,
feel free to send in another patch that doesn't break amd64 and
freebsd!

I didn't merge the two patches without modifications because they
conflicted. My modifications were not trivial. Therefore I'd like to
ask you to do some quick testing before I release this as Avahi
0.6.10.

http://0pointer.de/public/avahi-0.6.10.tar.gz

(Unless any of you finds any problems this will be the final tarball.)

Since 0.6.10 contains some security related bugfixes I'd like to
release it as quickly as possible. Therefore I'd like to kindly ask
you to do the testing ASAP!

Thank you very much for your work!

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/