[avahi] [ANNOUNCE] Avahi 0.6.10

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 14 14:17:30 PDT 2006

On Mon, 08.05.06 11:31, Padraig O'Briain (Padraig.Obriain at Sun.COM) wrote:

> I am having a problem with the checking "whether to check for GCC
> pthread/shared inconsistencies" added to common/acx_pthread.m4 as -fPIC
> is not supported by my compiler.
>
> Is there a way for me to disable these checks on Solaris?

This specific line was addded in changeset r1101 as a result of bug
report #4:

http://avahi.org/changeset/1101

http://avahi.org/ticket/4

Both the bug report and the patch where done bei Sjoerd Simmons. I
wonder if you, Sjoerd, could say something about whether this -fPIC
switch can be removed safely or not.

acx_pthread.m4 is originally a file from the autoconf-archive.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/