[avahi] avahi browsing domains in search list

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri May 19 03:28:17 PDT 2006

On Wed, 17.05.06 12:42, Mihai Ibanescu (misa+avahi at redhat.com) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible in any way to use avahi's ResolveService to resolve a service
> without specifying the domain? I'm thinking of something along the lines of
> DNS having the domain search list (which is supplied by dhcp) appended to the
> resource to be looked up.

If you specify NULL as domain, Avahi will use the configured default
domain of your Avahi daemon. (usually .local)

There is no domain search list which is automatically applied to any
of the resolve or browse functions. (And I doubt it really makes sense
to implement such a functionality for mDNS)

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/