[avahi] Re: Need help with Avahi/Bonjour

Kevin Bradley nitewing98 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 29 14:55:20 PST 2006

Trent,

If I use "avahi-browse _daap._tcp" I get nothing.  If I use the
verbose and terminate flags, I get:

E Ifce Prot Name
Type                 Domain
: Cache exhausted
: All for now

This while iTunes 7 is running on the Mac with sharing on and the
appropriate ports open on the Mac.  (No firewall active on the Ubuntu
box).

Got any ideas?  I have tried launching iChat and neither avahi-
discover or avahi-browse can see any of the Mac items.  Nor can I get
the Ubuntu box to "like" the Mac's .local name (Kermit.local doesn't
work, in other words, for pinging and such).

Kevin Bradley
nitewing98 at comcast.net
http://nitewing98.blogspot.com
--
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in
planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they