[avahi] Windows Port

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 8 07:51:07 PDT 2007

On Wed, 01.08.07 22:47, David Campey (campey at gmail.com) wrote:

> I'm quite interested in working on the windows port of Avahi, #123 on the
> trac.  I've got some friends who're also keen.  We're all pretty good coders
> with quite a bit of experience.
>
> The goal for me is to get Avahi playing nicely with Gajim on Windows.
>
> Who is best to contact?  I've seen
> http://avahi.org/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCodeand will be popping in to the
> IRC channel at some stage if I can dig up an
> IRC client.

I guess I am the one to talk to about this, though I am quite sure I
cannot help you too much with this, since I don't have any insight into
Windows programming anymore. However, I'd love to see Avahi ported to
Win32.

Feel free to ping my on IRC, if you have any questions about Avahi's
internals. The biggest issues will probably be to figure out how to
subscribe to network configuration changes on Windows and how to do
all the niftier sockopts on for Winsock.

Thank you,