[avahi] FreeBSD 5.4 and IPv6 interfaces: The plot thickens

Bill Trost trost at cloud.rain.com
Sun Feb 4 09:47:08 PST 2007

Lennart Poettering writes:
    On Sun, 04.02.07 09:29, Bill Trost (trost at cloud.rain.com) wrote:

    > The is/is not error wasn't the important point; the problem was
    > that I was expecting a 2002:: address in that list, and it never
    > showed up. I'm worried than FreeBSD (at least, this version)
    > doesn't generate the real addresses at all, only the link-local
    > addresses.

    Hmm, that would be really strange behaviour. Definitely buggy. The
    question is if it is Avahi that is buggy, or the FreeBSD kernel.

Oh, it's definitely the FreeBSD behavior that's causing the problem. I'm
not sure if it's buggy, or simply broken-as-designed. There's precious
little documentation on PF_ROUTE.

Bill