[avahi] avahi 0.6.16 on macos 10.3.9

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Feb 5 05:51:40 PST 2007

On Mon, 05.02.07 07:15, Julien TOUCHE (julien.touche at lycos.com) wrote:

> >This file should be what you are looking for. Please try to add
> >"#include <sys/types.h>" to dns.c just before netinet/in.h and see if
> >it works. If it does we will add this in our upstream sources.
> >

> that's it

I fixed Avahi SVN accordingly in r1386.

> avahi_daemon-static-services.o `test -f 'static-services.c' || echo
> './'`static-services.c
> static-services.c: In function `static_service_load':
> static-services.c:693: error: `GLOB_ABORTED' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> static-services.c:693: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> static-services.c:693: error: for each function it appears in.)
> static-services.c:697: error: `GLOB_NOMATCH' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> make[2]: *** [avahi_daemon-static-services.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Apparently MacOSX glob() is not POSIX compliant.

Please replace this code:

<snip>
       switch (globret) {
            case GLOB_NOSPACE:
                avahi_log_error("Not enough memory to read service
                directory.");
                break;

            case GLOB_ABORTED:
                avahi_log_error("Failed to read %s.",
                AVAHI_SERVICE_DIR);
                break;

            case GLOB_NOMATCH:
                avahi_log_info("No service found in %s.",
                AVAHI_SERVICE_DIR);
                break;
 }
</snip>

.. with this code:

<snip>
switch (globret) {
#ifdef GLOB_NOSPACE
            case GLOB_NOSPACE:
                avahi_log_error("Not enough memory to read service directory.");
                break;
#endif
#ifdef GLOB_ABORTED
            case GLOB_ABORTED:
                avahi_log_error("Failed to read %s.", AVAHI_SERVICE_DIR);
                break;
#endif
#ifdef GLOB_NOMATCH
            case GLOB_NOMATCH:
                avahi_log_info("No service found in %s.", AVAHI_SERVICE_DIR);
                break;
#endif
 }
</snip>

If that fixes the problem I will make the same change upstream.

Lennart Poettering; lennart [at] poettering [dot] net
ICQ# 11060553; GPG 0x1A015CC4; http://0pointer.net/lennart/