[avahi] avahi-daemon with Bonjour clients

Douglas Choma doug at nakediron.com
Tue Jul 24 16:16:04 PDT 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Seems Avahi never takes notice of the packet from the MacOS machine.
>
> I'd bet you either still have some misconfigured firewall around or a
> network card where multicasting is not working.

I'll try disabling/tinkering with Shorewall again.  I did notice that
if I ping the multicast address, all of the machines on my network
respond *except* for the Debian (trauma) box.  However, I've already
opened udp port 5353 in both directions on the firewall.  Are there
any kernel settings or modules that I need to look into that might be
getting in the way?