[avahi] [ANNOUNCE] Guile-Avahi 0.2

Ludovic Courtès ludo at chbouib.org
Mon Jul 30 09:47:09 PDT 2007

Hi Lennart,

Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
writes:

> Ludovic, I hope you are aware of the problems licensing a library
> under LGPLv3 brings? LGPLv3 software is NOT compatible with GPLv2-only
> sources. Which is a real problem, I would say.

Yes, I'm well aware of this.  The rationale was that it's unlikely that
any GPLv2-only non-trivial program using Guile-Avahi exist, so it's not
like a complete software stack was suddenly collapsing because of this
change.  ;-)

In effect, this will preclude *eventual* creation of GPLv2-only programs
that use Guile-Avahi, but I don't have any problems with that.

Did you have more specific issues in mind?

Thanks,
Ludovic.