[avahi] Embedded application

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Aug 26 10:20:43 PDT 2008

On Tue, 26.08.08 12:04, David Lambert (dave at lambsys.com) wrote:

> Lennart,
> Thanks for your suggestion, it looks pretty simple to me based on the
> core-*.c examples. Where can I find documentation for such calls as
> avahi_server_add_service()? I have found Doxygen documentation for
> similar functions such as avahi_entry_group_add_service(), but could you
> please point me to the definitive documentation if any? Obviously I can
> browse the source but would prefer to "Read The Fine Manual" ;-)

The avahi-core docs are not included in the default doxygen manual,
however you can enable them by passing --enable-core-docs to
configure.

Since most application developers should usually use only
avahi-client I decided to remove the avahi-core docs from the usual
builds to avoid confusion, especially since the function calls in
avahi-client and avahi-core are very much alike.

The avahi-core docs are not as complete as the avahi-client docs. You are
expected to be able to extrapolate what's not written there from the
avahi-client docs and by reading the sources.