[avahi] Wide area avahi versus bonjour

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Dec 5 04:54:04 PST 2008

hello avahi peoples

since i know that the code i want to use need to use bonjour / avahi :
<http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/uia/>
quote from the readme :

 >  Unfortunately, Avahi doesn't yet implement all of the API
functions UIA needs.

now i have zwo choices, use bonjour, and  accept apples licence

OR

use AVAHI and implement the missing  wide area DNS feature.
I did not see much differences so it seems its kust this RFC , that
need to be implemented ? <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2845.txt>
So, i am not the coder od my project and my buddy don´t know much
about "zeroconf  and avahi.
could someone point me to a paper or tell me exactly whats been
missing ?
I will aks , and see how muht work it is.

thank you very much

MarcM

--
Marc Manthey 50672 Köln - Germany
Hildeboldplatz 1a
mail: marc at let.de
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
IRC: #opencu  freenode.net
twitter: http://twitter.com/macbroadcast
web: http://www.let.de

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is
retained for a period of six months.