[avahi] publishing within differant subnets

Rupesh thakkar_rupesh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 09:51:45 PDT 2008

Hi

I wanted use avahi tool for
publishing services . Bear me I am new to avahi.
I have two subnets with in same
physical network . For example: I am on a machine with 10.52.10.X(
DHCP IP) with default gateway as 10.52.10.254
 and domain as "smsv.com" and clients is on  machine
static ip 10.52.11.x with the gateway 10.52.11.254
and with domain "sadom.com" and I can' publish service with
domin option, does specifying domain in following way will help me
alone and how ?

avahi-publish --domain="sadom.com"
-R "ServiceName" _http._tcp "sadom.com"  80
"XXXXXXX"
I get below error

Failed to add service: Not supported

Please correct me if  I am wrong , does
avahi support publishing services within subnets and since what
version ?

Rupesh

      Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/