[avahi] SVN->GIT migration complete

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jun 19 06:09:44 PDT 2008

On Wed, 18.06.08 23:34, Federico Lucifredi (flucifredi at acm.org) wrote:

> Hey Lennart,

Heya!

>   could you keep SVN alive for a lil' bit longer? if you do, I promise
> to get to the cleanup of my wide-area patch early next week :)

Hmm, too late already. Bringing SVN back would now be a lot of work
since I already made some GIT-only commits to the GIT repo.

It should be fairly easy to move uncommited changes from your svn
checkout into git: "svn diff" will create a patch for you against the
old head of svn without contacting the svn server. That patch you may
then apply with "patch" on a new git clone and checkout of your
branch. Your branch is still available in the new git repo, so nothing
is lost.

It's really really easy.

  $ cd ~/svn/avahi
  $ svn diff > ~/the-patch

  $ cd ~/git
  $ git clone git://git.0pointer.de/avahi.git
  $ cd avahi
  $ git checkout federico
  $ patch < ~/the-patch

or something like that.