[avahi] Advertising multiple printer queues using Avahi

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun May 11 08:37:30 PDT 2008

On Sun, 11.05.08 15:45, Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos (miguel at anjos.strangled.net) wrote:

> > Having multiple services in the same group should work fine, but
> > requires different service names/types for each service you define.
> > It's not what you want to do here anyway.
>
> So, the reason why the service file I'm attaching bellow doesn't work is because
> the service type is the same, right?

Exactly. You tried to register two services with exactly the same
identifier. The identifier being the tuple made from the service name,
service type and domai. For both services you defined here they are
"Epson em %h", "_printer._tcp" and "local".

Syslog should have shown something like "Local collision" or
suchlike to inform you about this issue.