[avahi] Registering Service Subtype?

Aldrin Martoq amartoq at dcc.uchile.cl
Thu Nov 6 05:27:24 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 08:01 -0500, Mark K. Gardner wrote:
> I tried a bunch of things and finally got rid of the exception by
> passing a complete subtype, e.g., _subservice._sub._demo._tcp, instead
> of just the extension (_subservice).

I suggest move the problem out of zeroconf and handle in your
application. Make sure that any application/node participating in the
network could be a server/worker, I think is a cleaner design from the
point of view of the end-user and the programmer.

> My next challenge is how to get a list of all the services registered
> for the type. I am off to figure out how browsers work...

You may check avahi-discover, which is in the "avahi-discover" package
in my linux distro.

Saludos!

--
Aldrin Martoq <amartoq at dcc.uchile.cl>