[avahi] DHCP issues

David Lambert dave at lambsys.com
Thu Sep 18 16:02:59 PDT 2008

Please excuse the possible duplicate post, but I live in the Houston area affected by Hurricane Ike and I am not sure if my original got through

I have written a simple daemon based on the core-publish-service.c
example. My question is what is the "correct" way to re-publish the
service when the interface address changes due to for instance a DHCP
client lease expiration? One obvious solution would be to restart the
daemon from the dhcpcd.sh when the IP address changes. But is there a
more elegant solution?

Best regards,

Dave.