[avahi] avahi in ad-hoc network

Conner, Eric Eric.Conner at QinetiQ-NA.com
Tue Dec 29 20:07:22 PST 2009

I have avahi running on 3 nodes in an ad-hoc network running over
B.A.T.M.A.N.  I have a center node that provides a hop between 2 end
nodes.  I can ping each of the node from any of the other nodes as well
as ssh into each of them as well so I know the network is well
established over the BATMAN daemon.  The center node can see the
published avahi services of each end but the 2 end nodes can not see the
avahi services of the other ends.  Is there some special configuration
needed to get avahi to browse or publish over the hop?

Has anyone ever configured avahi over an ad-hoc network that requires a
link routing protocol like BATMAN?

Thanks