[avahi] avahi + Maemo Diablo

Levonmaa Mikko mikko.levonmaa at ixonos.com
Thu Jan 22 22:30:35 PST 2009

Hi,

Has anyone succesfully used avahi in Maemo Diablo? I have tried:

1. In scratchbox apt-get install avahi-daemon -> installs OK, but if started without any parameters complains about cap_set_proc failing. If parameters --no-chroot and --no-drop-root are provided it complains about not getting a connection to DBUS

2. Compiling version 0.6.24 in scratchbox -> compiles OK, but can't connect to DBUS saying that dbus_bus_get_private(): Did not receive a reply...

My scratchbox (version 1.0.11) is running inside Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron and kernel is a stock kernel 2.6.24-generic.

I have googled that people have successfully gotten avahi running in maemo, but perhaps they are using older versions.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Mikko