[avahi] [ANNOUNCE] mod_dnssd 0.6

Gaspard Bucher gaspard at teti.ch
Tue Jan 27 23:56:45 PST 2009

Cool, great news.

I have a (stupid) question regarding ".local" domain. I tried a setup
to advertise a vhost called "zena.local" with avahi:
"/etc/avahi/services/zena.service"
<service-group>
  <name>zena playground</name>
  <service>
    <type>_http._tcp</type>
    <port>80</port>
  </service>
</service-group>

But the Bonjour browser in Safari would recognize it as "zena.local."
(trailing dot). Why is that so ? "zena.local" would still be resolved
correctly, but the entry for the vhost is clearly not the same if you
call "zena.local" or "zena.local.".

Gaspard