[avahi] change .local

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Mon Jul 6 13:19:29 PDT 2009

You can set that using the domain-name option in avahi-daemon.conf. I
don't know whether you can change it for other implementations such as
on Mac OS. Your best bet is to use .local for mDNS (that way it remains
"zero configuration") and move your unicast DNS name (if you have one)
to something else, for example ".home".