[avahi] Problem with avahi and wireless driver (ath9k)

Tor Krill tor at excito.com
Mon Mar 30 10:09:07 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having problems with Avahi and and my AP with a Atheros ath9k card.
With a client connected to the AP the AP sees all announcements from the
client but the client does not se anything announced from the AP.

I have tried to enable allmulti on all participating devices, no luck.
And when connecting the client to another AP it works fine. Further more
when connecting to the "AP" via wire everything works. Thus i suspect
the Atheros wireless driver ath9k.

Anyone got any clues on this?

Best Regards,

/Tor