[avahi] avahi scalability again

Olivier R-D o.r-d at laposte.net
Fri May 15 05:11:39 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am wondering about using avahi (for service discovery ) for an
application, on one lan, but with potentially many computers (maybe 1000
) and especially many services to publish (maybe 10000). Have some of
you tested avahi scalability at that level ?

This seems to be much over what avahi/zeroconf is meant to support but
since I could not find information newer that 3 years old and I could
read that there is some work done on scalability with avahi I though I
would ask the list.

Thank you

Olivier