[avahi] Avahi Stops Advertising My New Service...

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Sun Nov 22 20:26:32 PST 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Trent Lloyd wrote:

> However, since you are using VMWare on a mac, which works as best I am aware (although I will test again later)... I recommend you check the firewall on Fedora and MacOS.

Trent,

	Thank you for your prompt reply.

	As you suggest above, the problem was the Fedora default firewall. I'll write this up for my personal blog but I think I should also create a FAQ answer for this problem. (It seems like an easy to avoid pothole.) Should I just mail my FAQ&A to this list or is there someone I should send this paragraph to?

Anon,
Andrew
Andrew W. Donoho
Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.