[avahi] compile avahi from ubuntu 10.04

Kevyn-Alexandre Pare kapare at rogue-research.com
Fri Aug 6 14:15:50 PDT 2010

Thx for the reply.

Here the result : But just before that normally when building it what
linux distro is used and his there some wiki somewhere about that?
Because I will need to incorporate it to our build system.

# I try also avahi-daemon
kapare at ubuntu:~/avahi/avahi$ sudo apt-get build-dep avahi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

# Nothing was needed.

.... When I launch ./configure I get:
checking for sys/sysctl.h... yes
checking for struct lifconf... no
checking for struct ip_mreqn... ./configure: line 16505: syntax error
near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 16505: `	_au_m4_changequote(,)cat confdefs.h -
<<_ACEOF >conftest.$ac_ext'

So it failed when checking the struct ip_mreqn... Still searching which
package offer this??

Best Regards

kap