[avahi] compile avahi from ubuntu 10.04

Kevyn-Alexandre Pare kapare at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 16 13:39:50 PDT 2010

It work by doing this so I still need to understand how to incorporate
these 2 to completely compile the entire stack:

./configure --disable-gtk3 --disable-mono

 ---{ avahi 0.6.27 }---

    prefix:                                    /usr/local
    sysconfdir:                                ${prefix}/etc
    localstatedir:                             ${prefix}/var
    avahi socket:
${prefix}/var/run/avahi-daemon/socket
    dbus-1 system.d dir:
${prefix}/etc/dbus-1/system.d
    dbus-1 version:                            1.2.16
    dbus-1 system socket:
unix:path=/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket
    C Compiler:                                gcc -std=gnu99
    CFLAGS:                                    -g -O2 -fstack-protector
-Wall -W -Wextra -pedantic -pipe -Wformat -Wold-style-definition
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-declarations
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls
-Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wpointer-arith
-Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-fdiagnostics-show-option -Wno-cast-qual -fno-strict-aliasing
    Enable GLIB:                               yes
    Enable GLIB GObject:                       yes
    Enable GObject Introspection:              no
    Enable GTK 2.0:                            yes
    Enable GTK 3.0:                            no
    Enable D-Bus:                              yes
    With XML:                                  expat
    Enable GDBM:                               yes
    Enable DBM:                                no
    Enable libdaemon:                          yes
    Enable Python:                             yes
    Enable pygtk:                              yes
    Enable python-dbus:                        yes
    Enable QT3:                                yes
    Enable QT4:                                yes
    Enable Mono:                               no
    Enable Monodoc:                            yes
    Distribution/OS:                           debian
    User for avahi-daemon:                     avahi
    Group for avahi-daemon:                    avahi
    Priviliged access group for Avahi clients: netdev
    User for avahi-autoipd:                    avahi-autoipd
    Group for avahi-autoipd:                   avahi-autoipd
    Enable chroot():                           yes
    Enable Linux inotify:                      yes
    Enable stack-smashing protection:          yes
    systemd unit directory:

    Building libavahi-core              yes
    Building avahi-daemon:              yes
    Building avahi-dnsconfd:            yes
    Building libavahi-client:           yes
    Building avahi-utils:               yes
    Building avahi-python:              yes
    Building libavahi-glib:             yes
    Building libavahi-gobject:          yes
    Building avahi-discover-standalone: yes
    Building libavahi-qt3:              yes
    Building libavahi-qt4:              yes
    Building avahi-sharp:               no
    Building avahi-compat-libdns_sd:    no
    Building avahi-compat-howl:         no
    Building tests:                     no
    Building avahi-core documentation:  no
    Building avahi-autoipd:             yes
    Building libavahi-ui:               yes

# Then I compile and follows docs/INSTALL

make