[avahi] FW: avahi in ad-hoc network

ecfu ecforusers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 06:46:40 PST 2010

I have switched to BATMAN advanced which runs on layer 2.  However I am
still not seeing the avahi services across the hop.  If all my nodes are
within range of each other, I do see all the services.  But as soon as I
move one out of range so that it needs to use another node as a hop, I lose
the services even though the node that is providing the hop sees the
services from all the other nodes.

Its weird because with BATMAN advanced, it says it runs at layer 2 so your
ethernet communications should be transparent.  Does this make sense that it
still is not working?

I don't really have any gateways in my network.  But I suppose the hop node
works as one.  However in an ad-hoc network there is no way to tell if you
are going to be the hop or not.  What would the consequences of
enabling enable-reflector=y
on all nodes be in an ad-hoc network?

Thanks