[avahi] Getting org.freedesktop.Avahi.TimeoutError in avahi browser with client-publish-service.c example

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu May 6 09:18:52 PDT 2010

Hi Victor,

What language and libraries are you using?

FYI: I had the exact same behaviour when trying to use dbus via python
avahi in a software that was already using twisted+pygtk. (gtk main loop)
No amount of magic incantations or running separate glib threads ever
solved it. So in the end I had to use a twisted adapter for pybonjour.

Cheers
Antoine