[avahi] Problems in compiling

Gautham Gautham at mindtree.com
Tue Oct 5 00:30:13 PDT 2010

Hi
I'm having some issues in compiling the latest version of avahi. Can anyone help me out?

I downloaded the latest source avahi-0.6.27.tar.gz & unzipped & ran the command ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --disable-gtk --disable-dbus --disable-python

I'm running this on an RHEL4. However I get an error saying

      checking for QT4... configure: error: Package requirements ( QtCore >= 4.0.0 ) were not met:

      No package 'QtCore' found

      Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix.

      Alternatively, you may set the environment variables QT4_CFLAGS and QT4_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Actually I need a basic avahi daemon that registers a static service  in /etc/services. Do I need to install Qt for running this as well. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

Regards
Gautham

Regards
Gautham