[avahi] Problems using Avahi from Javascript

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Wed Jul 20 02:05:37 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm attempting to search and resolve services from Javascript (gjs),
using it's DBus integration.  I can get a proxy for the server but
when I create a service browser and connect to the signals, I seem to
miss some of the signals.  Occasionally I'll get an AllForNow signal,
rarely I'll get ItemNew, but generally I don't get any signals at all.
 My test code is attached, you'll probably want to change the service
type it is searching for though.