[avahi] wlan problems ipv4

maxOh mrn at paus.ch
Thu Jun 2 13:54:16 PDT 2011

hi,

i've got problems to get avahi to work with my ipv4 wlan setup. With the
wireless network i can only see local services with ipv4, with ipv6 i
see all the services in the hole network. With the cable(eth) everything
works how it should be for both ipv4/ipv6.
I disabled the firewall settings for my wlan access point + i did set
the ifconfig for my wlan to ALLMULTI + PROMISC, but this didn't helped.
Also i checked with wireshark to see if there are any packets send on
5353, i can see ipv6 + ipv4 packets. But i'm not very used to wireshark,
so maybe i miss here something.

My system is:
Kubuntu 11.04
Wlan: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Wlan-AP: wrt54gl / firmware 4.30.15 build 2

Help is much appreciated.

thanks,
max