[avahi] problems with two interface setup

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Sat Mar 5 06:08:17 PST 2011

Hallo all,

i try to track down one avahi/empathy problem which i have with ubuntu
nutty setup on my netbook. Empathy stops to update salut status after
switching lan to wlan. I don not know where is the problem, on empathy
or avahi site.

Usually it satrt as fallow:
boot, eth0 up, avahi announce eth0,
gdm login, epathy, _presence_tcp announce on eth0, wlan0 up (same
network as eth0)

after i switch eth0 off (pull off the cable), avahi stops announcing
_presence_tcp, or at least do not re announce it on other interface/ip,
even if empaty is listening on wlan0 too. I can force and send directly
salut/xmmp message to emapty for testing, so the problem should be on
avahi part.

Your thoughts?

--
Regards,