[avahi] Fwd: dbus+avahi for embedded arm linux

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Dec 10 07:58:14 PST 2012

Dear itai shalev,

Please keep the avahi@ list Cc'ed. Thanks.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:37:59 +0200, itai shalev wrote:

> We already have running os based on arm-linux kernel the issue is that we
> wan't to add those packages to it,
> this is the reason i need to do this manualy as i did for portmap, lighttpd
> etc.

Well if your "os" is neither a pre-built binary distribution to which
you can add packages, or something generated by an embedded Linux build
system, then something is really wrong, and you should try to fix this
rather than painfully compile all those components and their
dependencies manually.

Best regards,

Thomas
--