[avahi] [HEADS-UP] Dropping avahi-qt3, avahi-ui for gtk2, avahi-howl

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Tue Feb 14 23:34:36 PST 2012

>>>>> "Lennart" == Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> writes:

Hi,

 Lennart> I am planning to drop Qt3 and Gtk2 support from avahi soon,
 Lennart> leaving only Qt4 and Gtk3 in. Anybody opposed to that? You
 Lennart> need a very strong case if you want to convince me not to do
 Lennart> this.

I haven't heard of anyone still using the Qt3 stuff (and Qt4 has been
out for quite some time), but we're atleast supporting the gtk2 stuff in
Buildroot. Not everyone has moved to GTK3/Gnome3 yet, my feeling is that
it's still a bit early to drop it.

 Lennart> Similar I want to drop the HOWl compat kludge. Would like to
 Lennart> drop the Bonjour compat kludge too, but I figure too many
 Lennart> folks still use that.

I'm not aware of anyone using the howl stuff, but we do have people
using the Bonjour API (for compat with Windows afaik).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard