[avahi] Avahi on multiple interface with mapped hostname

Ankur Patel ankur at embertec.com
Mon Dec 29 23:15:58 PST 2014

Hello Friends,

I am using Avahi on Beaglebone with WiFi cap on it. Hence it has two network interfaces: 1) Ethernet 2) WiFi. Both are connected to the same router. In this scenario, it generates "Host name conflict" message on the console and keep incrementing the hostname.

Network Diagram:				              |----------(Eth0 - IP:192.168.1.10)----------|
					Beaglebone ---|					 |------- DLINK Router (IP:192.168.1.1)
What I want to achieve is :
	* Is it possible to assign hostname "myneteth0.local" to Ethernet eth0 interface and "mynetwlan0.local" to WiFi interface?
	* Hence, If I ping myneteth0.local, it should get 192.168.1.10? and pinging mynetwlan0.local should get to 192.168.1.25?

I tried using avahi/hosts and avahi/services using <host-name> tag. But as the Interface are pluggable hence I cannot use static IP.  Is it possible to achieve it and any useful suggestions please?

Regards,
Ankur