[avahi] Aliases

Johannes Ernst johannes.ernst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:39:04 PST 2014

I’m trying to figure out whether I’m up to adding aliases to Avahi. Would love some input on some of the below:

1. aliases should work rather similar to static hosts. Instead of reading /etc/avahi/hosts, it would read aliases, but in the same places in the control flow.

2. some people have implemented aliases outside of the avahi daemon, e.g. here: https://gist.github.com/gdamjan/3168336 <https://gist.github.com/gdamjan/3168336> Does this look correct?

3. --reload would also reload aliases. But: looking through reload_config() I’m confused why that routine only seems to invoke static_hosts_add_to_server() but not first static_hosts_remove_from_server()? Shouldn’t first get rid of the old values?

Would appreciate any input. Thanks,

Johannes.