[avahi] Why publish SSH and SFTP by default?

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Mar 31 18:45:34 PDT 2015

Hi Martin,

I guess these are meant to be more of an example service.  We could certainly look to stop installing this service by default, and instead perhaps ship it as .example which is disabled.

I would love to hear feedback from anyone that thinks either way, so I can think about changing this in a future release.

I guess existing source installs wouldn’t break since the file exists already, but the files might get removed from some distro packages depending not their config file handling policy.

Thanks,
Trent