[avahi] avahi reflector causes hosts to show up multiple times

Alexander Huemer a.huemer at fs1.tv
Tue May 26 06:40:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

I use avahi reflector to make machines from several subnets visible to
each other and experience problems with that setup.
The machines all have several incarnations, the single incarnations come
and go, that's undesired.
A websearch did not bring up anything.
This[1] is the output of one minute of `avahi-browse -a` on the host
that runs avahi reflector, the visible hosts were up all the time.
This[2] is the configuration that's running.
The machine is running Debian jessie amd64 and therefore avahi-daemon is
version 0.6.31-5.

I'd like to know the cause for the multiple incarnations of the hosts
and what I can do to avoid that.

Please let me know whether I should provide more information.

Kind regards,
-Alex

[1] http://ahuemer.xx.vu/volatile/2015-05-26-SJfuS0QhFpQ/avahi-browse.out
[2] http://ahuemer.xx.vu/volatile/2015-05-26-5gIRvn5t9wU/avahi-daemon.conf