[avahi] Group stuck on AVAHI_ENTRY_GROUP_ESTABLISHED

Danick Desjardins ddesjardins at rossvideo.com
Mon Mar 26 19:46:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

I get into a case where some of my services make it to the established state but several don't move forward and are stuck in the registering state. Sometimes the same code is fine where everything registers correctly. I don't see any errors on any of the API calls, they are all logged. This is on version 0.6.32.

I looked at my poll loop integration and can't find any errors yet. If anyone has an idea on how I can get in this state it will be helpful. I am now looking at the avahi state machine to see how it works and go backwards.

Below is an example of what I see. The last message is the last group state change I observe.

Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi1In.audio2]
Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi1In.video]
Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi1In.audio1]
Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi2In.video]
Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi2In.audio1]
Group Uncommitted:: name [sdi2In.audio2]
Group Registering:: name [sdi1In.audio2]
Group Registering:: name [sdi1In.video]
Group Registering:: name [sdi1In.audio1]
Group Registering:: name [sdi2In.video]
Group Registering:: name [sdi2In.audio1]
Group Registering:: name [sdi2In.audio2]
Group Established:: Name [sdi1In.audio2]
Group Established:: Name [sdi1In.video]

Thanks,
Danick

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential to Ross Video.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this message. Please also delete all copies. Thank you.