[avahi] Hostname depending on DNS for domain name to fqdn

develper01 Heraklio developer01her at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:00:26 UTC 2018

Hello,
I am building a server / client ubuntu 16.04. I have a apt proxy installed
on server where I would like to have my clients pointed to use it for
caching. My Ubuntu distro is supposed to work in diferent environments that
I will have no power over DHCP or DNS server to make changes.
I recently discovered that depending on the DNS settings my installation
will receive a diferent domain name. So it could be aptproxy.local or
aptproxy.lan or aptproxy.home etc.
Is there a way that I can bypass that to a custom static name?