[avahi] dhcp release/renew issues

Boettger, Heiko Heiko.Boettger at karlstorz.com
Wed Jul 17 13:00:39 UTC 2019

Hi,

during CI testing we discovered that our mDNS related test are randomly failing, After looking deeper into the problem it turned out that avahi seems to have an issue with interface creating during its startup.
It looks like there is an issue with the group-probing counter.

My coworker already created an issue (https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/issues/234) and a pull request for a potential  fix. I am sure somebody knowing the avahi code better might come up with a better fix.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Heiko Böttger