[avahi] Avahi DBus bindings for python

Doug Meyer dmeyer at gigaio.com
Wed May 22 12:02:33 UTC 2019

Folks,

I'm hoping there are still a few people subscribed here that can point me
at documentation and/or examples. I'm a new person in the neighborhood.

Caveat: I'm pretty new to python, and have no experience with zeroconf
(other than a lot of reading).

I've spent several days going through what I can find on Avahi 0.7-ish, and
cannot find documentation for the DBus APIs other than this:
https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/blob/master/avahi-daemon/org.freedesktop.Avahi.Server.xml

This page claims that the nicely formatted DBus API is on avahi.org, but I
can't find it:
https://github.com/lathiat/avahi/blob/master/docs/DBUS-API

Could any gracious person point me in the direction of the DBus API
documentation, and if there are python examples for publishing as well as
browsing/subscribing, I'd be very appreciative.

Blessings,
Doug