[avahi] Feature request: runtime modifiable servicedir

Trent Lloyd trent at lloyd.id.au
Fri Apr 3 08:10:38 UTC 2020

Generally you would just the Avahi API to advertise your service instead of dynamically updating the “static” service files (which is what they are generally designed for - unchanging manual services).

Is there something that prevents you from doing that? Or a reason you haven’t before now?

You could also as a “hack” just launch an instance of the avahi-publish-service CLI tool.

Trent