[avahi] Resolving single-label name "myhost" as if it was "myhost.local"

Trent Lloyd trent at lloyd.id.au
Sun Aug 30 12:44:58 UTC 2020

I believe nss-mdns currently specifically disallows this the idea being that real dns queries will leak out onto mdns otherwise. Also for various other reasons to do with trying to keep dns queries including failures fast.

I always thought that was per RFC though so interesting to see your quote.

- Trent