[avahi] mDNS answer under ipv6

Jean-Marie Delapierre jm.delapierre at free.fr
Wed Oct 21 18:01:17 UTC 2020

Hi,

On my local network, I have two kinds of addresses ranges distributed by
a radvd daemon on a gateway.

One is a ULA type dedicated for the local traffic (distant access,
printing, local mail traffic,...),

One is a internet scope provided by my internet box.

On the local network, I have a server which has two addresses, one ULA
and one internet scope, both built with the prefix and the MAC address
of the interface.

On this server, I run avahi in order to have mDNS running on my local
network.

But, if, from a workstation connected to my local network, I send a mDNS
request on server.local, I get the internet scope address (and sometimes
the ULA address).

My question is : Is it possible to configure the avahi daemon on my
server to tell it to always answer the ULA address affected to the local
network interface ?

Regards

Jean-Marie Delapierre